[Kde-hardware-devel] How to determine what drive an Optical Disc is in

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Wed Jan 30 20:54:48 CET 2008

Hi:

If I have a Solid::OpticalDisc object, how do I find out what device/drive it
is mounted in?

Solid::Device *d = new Solid::Device(someValidDeviceID);
Solid::OpticalDisc *opticalDisc = d->as<Solid::OpticalDisc>();

QString mountedAt = /* eg. /dev/cdrom or some such */

So far, I think I need to get the parent device which should be the actual
CD/DVD drive, but I don't see any method call on either the Device class or
the OpticalDrive class that will return what I am looking for. I do see a
Block class, which appears to be what I want, but I'm not certain how to get
from the actual disc to the block device.

thanks

-- chris