[Kde-hardware-devel] UPnP: integration with coherence

Armijn Hemel armijn at uulug.nl
Wed Dec 3 01:14:52 CET 2008

hiya,

[accidentily Aaron did not read headers properly and this list is not
set to 'reply to list, so no one saw his reply. For this, Aaron is
sentenced to the penalty of eating 'two Dutch cookies with pink glazing
without choking']

> > >  .. anyways, what's the overhead of this?
> > > any dependencies besides Twisted? otherwise, it sounds good and it would
> > > be great to leverage other's work in this area.
> >
> > According to the coherence website (http://coherence.beebits.net/):
>
> thanks for the list of deps and explaining the requirements clearly. it looks
> good ...
>
> > I realise (or at least: assume) there is a lot of overlap with for
> > example Jolie.
>
> Jolie doesn't do service discovery or announcing; it does service
> orchestration only and is really meant for rather more ad-hoc and complex
> things than UPnP tends to get used for.
>
> in fact, we'll end up using Jolie together with zeroconf and upnp (assuming we
> have support for it ;) in 4.3
>
> > Hm, it might be best if I first draft a plan, where I explain what needs
> > to be done.
>
> yes.
>
> > Any objections against ASCII art? :-)
>
> hehe. nope =)

OK, will do so. It might take a little while to finish, since right now
I'm into GPL enforcement mode and we (gpl-violations.org) have a large
backlog we need to get rid of first.

Hopefully before the new year.

armijn