[Kde-hardware-devel] ASSERT: "dev->backendObject()==0" in file /SVN/kdelibs/solid/solid/devicemanager.cpp, line 164

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Nov 17 10:20:43 CET 2007

Le samedi 17 novembre 2007, Christian Esken a écrit :
> it is easily reproducable for me, as it happens frequently (nearly always).
> Just unplug and plug the USB sound stick. Depending on some magic, the hit
> rate is between 10% and 100%.

It's with kmix from trunk, right? I have a usb sound device, I'll try to
reproduce.

> How can I do use the Fake backend? And how can I plug/uplug OSS devices
> from the Fake backend?

Using the SOLID_FAKEHW env variable, make it point to the fakecomputer.xml
available in solid sources. Then using qdbus on your application you can
simulate plug and unplug events.

> Unfortunately there is no backtrace, as the
> "Q_ASSERT(dev->backendObject()==0);" just makes the application exit.

Make it run from gdb.

> For
> testing I commented the Q_ASSERT (see below), and then unplugging it works:

Of course, but it hides the bug, you're leaking memory now.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."