[Kde-hardware-devel] Bluetooth support in Solid

Daniel Gollub dgollub at suse.de
Tue Mar 20 19:08:46 CET 2007

Hi list,

i started on the integration of Bluetooth support in Solid. So far i have
written a bluetooth manager object which manage the bluetooth adapters
(devices). Like listing available bluetooth interfaces, emitting signal if a
bluetooth adapter got removed/added ....

Most code is "stolen" from the network implementation ;)

There is also a skeleton for a BluetoothInterface object which contains all
kind of information about the Bluetooth adapter. Like MAC Addresse,
Connections, Adapter Name, ...

I also plan to have a third object called BluetoothRemoteDevice which is
responsible for the remote device which got discovered by the
BluetoothInterfaces.

The first real backend is the BlueZ backend:

http://cryptomilch.de/~dgollub/KDE4/kdelibs_solid_bluetoothmanagment_20070320.diff
http://cryptomilch.de/~dgollub/KDE4/kdebase_solid_backend_bluez_20070320.diff

Please let me know what you think about this implementation...

best regards,
Daniel