[Kde-hardware-devel] [kde-artists] Renaming Oxygen's devices/ icons

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Jun 17 21:12:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

Hm, looks like I missed a mail in this thread... I wonder where it
disappeared.

Le dimanche 17 juin 2007, Jakob Petsovits a écrit :
> On Saturday, 16. June 2007, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > > 3) media-optical-video
> > > In any case, we'll need a generic icon like the one we have for
> > > media-optical-audio. Then the question is, do we want the dvd, hddvd,
> > > blueray ones? (that would mean four icons in total for the
> > > media-optical-video namespace: media-optical-video-dvd,
> > > media-optical-video-hddvd,
> > > media-optical-video-blueray and media-optical-video itself)
> >
> > In line with my reasoning from above, that would rather be
> > - media-optical-video
> > - media-optical-dvd, media-optical-hddvd, media-optical-bluray
> > - media-optical-video-dvd, media-optical-video-hddvd,
> >   media-video-optical-bluray
>
> Er, oops. The last one obviously needs to be the other way round.

Well, honestly I don't think we need that many icons... The user don't care
IMO about media-optical-dvd, etc. It doesn't add any value. That's also why
I'm not a strong proponent of the media-optical-video-* ones. The basically
wants to know if there's a video on his medium, he probably doesn't care if
it's blueray, dvd or hddvd.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."