[Kde-hardware-devel] Building Solid

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Oct 1 14:01:59 CEST 2006

Le samedi 30 septembre 2006 20:25, Christopher Blauvelt a écrit :
> Now that solid is part of kdelibs, what significance will the
> /branches/work/kdehw branch have.  Do you still intend to use it for
> anything significant or will all further updates be sync'ed with
> kdelibs leaving kdehw to become stale?  I ask so that I can update the
> build instructions on the wiki.

Well, for now it still holds a few interesting things (apps, backends and
solidstats). I'm currently evaluating where the backends could go (tried to
bootstrap a discussion on the matter on kde-core-devel). For the apps,
solidshell will be moved to kdelibs I guess, and solidhardwarebrowser should
probably go in playground.

I'll keep you updated on list for those changes. Basically the short-term goal
is to have only solidstats left there, and the middle-term plan is to make it
disappear completely (since I hope solidstats will be merged at one point).

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."