[Kde-hardware-devel] [patch] new method Volume::availableSpace

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Nov 3 19:32:27 CET 2006

Hi,

Le Vendredi 3 Novembre 2006 12:00, Martin Koller a écrit :
> I'd like to propose the following new Method for the Volume class
> to be able to get the available space on it (see attached patch):
>
> qulonglong availableSpace() const

Hmm, I wonder if it's a good idea to have it in the Volume capability. Maybe
it's better to have it in "solidstats". I think it's supposed to report this
kind of information, John could you confirm?

I generally try to avoid data that can change often in the capabilities (the
only exception there is the battery capability that would be useless
otherwise). I think those dynamic data should be covered in solidstats
instead.

> What I did not find is the real implementation for a specific device type,
> e.g. a harddisk getting this information.
> Where can I find and implement it ?

You would have to implement this in the hal backend:
branches/work/kdehw/backends/hal
(Note that it'll probably move in kdebase this week-end)

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."