[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid network manager

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jun 6 16:55:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 17:19 +0400, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> Here is the code for the newtork manager part of solid.  My goal was
> to start out with querying information only and later add the
> modifying functions once the API has been ironed out on the list.  A
> few caveats, the only interface implemented is the wifi interface.
> This is adequate enough to test the ability of the framework.
> Additionally, this code will need to be cleaned up, but it works.  The
> program netshell runs a few simple tests.  Eventually netshell will be
> a program similar to solidshell but it was a conveniant test vehicle
> for something simple.  From here I will need to implement the Gnome
> NetworkManager backend so this can actually make stuff happen.

Actually the NetworkManager core is not GNOME specific at all (though it
lives in GNOME CVS but there's been talk about moving it to fd.o).

Suggest to also look at KNetworkManager [1] in KDE SVN which is a
KDE-ish frontend to the NetworkManager core.

 [1] : http://en.opensuse.org/Projects/KNetworkManager

    David