[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid network manager

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Jun 6 16:54:50 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:19, Christopher Blauvelt said:
> Here <http://ervin.ipsquad.net/share/kdehw-network.tar.bz2> is the code for
> the newtork manager part of solid.  My goal was to start out with querying
> information only and later add the modifying functions once the API has
> been ironed out on the list.  A few caveats, the only interface implemented
> is the wifi interface.  This is adequate enough to test the ability of the
> framework.  Additionally, this code will need to be cleaned up, but it
> works.  The program netshell runs a few simple tests.  Eventually netshell
> will be a program similar to solidshell but it was a conveniant test
> vehicle for something simple.  From here I will need to implement the Gnome
> NetworkManager backend so this can actually make stuff happen.

Hi Chris

I've been working on KNetworkManager for SUSE and have recently been
separating a library out of the applet to use as a NetworkManager backend for
KDE 4.  I'll have a look at your code tonight and see how it meshes with the
NetworkManager API then we should have a pretty much finished NM backend just
by integrating the lib and your Solid interfaces.

The refactoring branch is in branches/work/knm-make it cool, the stable/usable
version is in kdereview.

regards

Will

IRC: Bille