[Kde-hardware-devel] I offer my help

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jun 1 18:41:39 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 30 Mai 2006 01:30, Martin (KaFai), Lau a écrit :
> Hi All,

Hi,

> My name is Martin and I am a C++ developer.  I can offer my help as a
> developer to the solid project. core dev, unit test, app dev...etc.

Welcome on board!
Just curious do you have any prior experience with Qt (3 or 4) or kdelibs?

> Can someone give me guidance on what should be done?

Sure, pick your addiction:

 - Unit testing and backend conformance testing
For this, the fake backend would need some more love, in particular the
fakecomputer.xml should be made more realistic. With a good one and scripted
events (devices appear, or disappear), we could make a nice test suite for
the frontend which is currently lacking.

 - Application development
Well, I welcome any person wanting to make new applications using solid. The
more we hammer the framework the best it will be. I have no precise idea
right now, but maybe Michaël or Davide would like help on their respective
applications? (hardware browser and disk manager).

 - Power management
At the moment I committed a powersaved based backend for this, but I'd like to
have also a HAL based one, so you could work on this if you want.

There's surely other area where you could work on, it surely depends on your
tastes and you motivation. I'm just proposing a few ideas.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."