[Kde-hardware-devel] Using a bitmask for device types

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jan 11 22:44:49 CET 2006

Le Mercredi 11 Janvier 2006 12:03, Christopher Blauvelt a écrit :
> Any thoughts?

It's in the plan to move away from string based capabilities (you might have
noticed some "FIXME" in the comments ;-) ).

But from what you wrote it looks like you're proposing to use some
"#define" (note that I'm guessing here). It would be better to use an enum
type and an associated QFlags type. This way we'll be able to have the kind
of notation you introduced, but we'll also be able to make stricter type
checking.

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."