[Kde-hardware-devel] Offerring my help.

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jan 5 10:32:13 CET 2006

Le Mercredi 4 Janvier 2006 18:29, Michaël Larouche a écrit :
> Note that I don't know anything yet about low-level system programming but
> I'll learn with the time.

Sure, I don't expect everybody to master how to deal with the low-level
layers. Anyway we need people to write applications using Solid. In
particular small helper applications will be important. The first one being
surely the hardware browser that will help us as developers too. With the
current version of libkdehw it's even possible to experiment and write small
tools cloning lshal or hal-device-manager behavior (which are quite handy
tools).

> My area of interests are the hardware and network integration. Also maybe
> work in collaboration with Plasma team.

You'll surely be interested in working on the future Plasma engine then. The
library is not ready yet to build this engine, but in the mean time, it'd
interesting to collect needs for Plasma applets. From here it'll be easier to
know which information should be available or not through this engine (some
of them might be overkill for applets).

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."