[Kde-hardware-devel] Wifi interface

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Wed Aug 16 16:16:43 CEST 2006

On Sunday 06 August 2006 17:34, Stefan Winter said:
> Sure thing, I'm just going through it. Something related and important (for
> me at least) first: with Solid running as a background process all the
> time, I think there's something important we can achieve in wireless
> networks, and whose non-existance pissed me and my research project off
> more than once. Gory details follow:

Just a minute!  Solid itself isn't a background process, it's just a library
that wraps a backend.  In the case of NetworkManager there is a daemon that
runs all the time and Solid uses for information.

Could you explain what it is that you want it to achieve and that pissed off
your research project (coming from another ex wlan researcher)?

Will