[kde-guidelines] Re: Shift+Delete shortcut for "cut" standard action

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:44:52 UTC 2015

On Montag, 15. Juni 2015 15:19:32 CEST, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Any decision on that? Zombifying this topic will lead to
> 'solution' #2 (wrongdoing clients).

The list was actually meant as "steps" (out of the problematic shortcut model), not as "alternatives".

I believe that "Shift+Del deletes directly" concept is too established to be addressed directly, so the big line would be to establish a non-conflicting default without breaking things for the MS savvys (and if some CUA dog asks why that stupid shortcut is provided as default alternative shortcut, we can just blame MS and swear a bit to make him happy ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas

PS: the proposed path again