[kde-guidelines] Some simple updates to the HIG

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:07:46 UTC 2014

Great, thanks so much for reviewing this Heiko and Thomas. So I made the
following changes based on your review:

- I moved the Patterns section from under VIewing and Navigation one level
up to the Behavior section. It now contains all the patterns in the HIG and
the relevant patterns are pointed from other sections to make sure they're
still easy to find regardless of use-vector.
- As Thomas mentioned the Organization covers the information architecture
(command structure and content structure) with links to the associated
command patterns and navigation patterns.
- Since there appeared to be no critical objections to the proposal, I went
ahead and moved the proposed changes to the HIG proper (
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG).
- At the bottom of the section and subsection pages, I added wiki controls
to go up a HIG level and to go the next or previous page in that section.
- I haven't yet moved the lowest level pages into their appropriate
sections yet (so that the wiki breadcrumb works properly and to add the
wiki controls from the previous bullet) but I'll try to get those done over
the next few days.

Totally agree on crowdsourcing the pics. A good bunch of them could be done
with the mockup toolkit.

Regarding the GNOME HIG, yeah no competition. They really did an excellent
job and honestly their work has been almost entirely motivational and
inspiring to me. ;-)

Hope this helps!
Andrew