[kde-guidelines] Visual Design Guidelines + HIG

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 23:51:35 UTC 2014

Heiko,

I put the first proposal for the Visual Design Guidelines on my userbase
wiki here:
http://userbase.kde.org/User:Andrew/VisualDesignGuide

To integrate with the HIG, we'd like to propose the following:
1. The definition of the HIG Presentation section on
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/About is the definiition of
a visual design guide. Would it be ok if we replaced the Presentation
section and its structure with the proposed VIsual Design Guide?
2. We received some early feedback from Thomas Pfeiffer that the Overview
section of the proposed Visual Design Guide might be appropriate at a
higher level in HIG. That's ok with us if it's ok here. Would it be ok to
put a link to the Overview section or its contents (Design Goals, Design
Principles) under the Introduction section?
3. Thomas also mentioned that the Mockup Toolkit section might be
appropriate at a higher level. Would it be ok to add a Mockup Toolkit
section at a higher level?

This is proposed for just an initial release of the guide. We intend over
time to continuously participate in updating this guide (and other areas of
the HIG) as time permits. :-)

Thanks so much for your help and feedback as we work to get this guide
publicly available.

Much respect,
Andrew