[kde-guidelines] Grouping HIG

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Jun 2 15:38:52 UTC 2014

On 31.05.2014 09:44, Jens wrote:
> I would like to add the need for mockups and examples in the HIG? If we can
> agree on a layout form we could post hacky layout examples to assist in
> defining relations from not just a technical standpoint but a usability stand
> point?

Yes, examples are very important! Actually, Aurélien has started an
effort to create UI files for HIG examples last year, which can be found
here:
git at git.kde.org:scratch/gateau/kdehig
The nice thing about using UI files is that should we decide to change
something about the style later without changing the rules, we could
just create new screenshots with the same files and the changed style
applied. Therefore, that approach makes a lot of sense to me.
The question is: Who would do those examples?