[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Control labels

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Jan 10 15:11:29 UTC 2014

On Thursday 09 January 2014 13:40:50 Heiko Tietze wrote:
[snip]

> * Use positive phrasing. Don't phrase a label so that selecting means not to
perform an action.

I don't really understand this one. Could you give an example? Why would a
checkbox or radio button man to perform or not to perform an action?

> * Describe just the option with
> the label. Keep labels brief so it's easy to refer to them in messages and
> documentation.
> === Group box ===
> * Use the group label to explain the purpose of the group, not how to make
> the selection. End each label with a colon.

Why should group box labels end with a colon?

Other than that, it's great! I've just made a few minor language corrections
in the wiki and merged the Ellipsis page into this one as suggested.