[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Ellipsis

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Jan 10 14:34:51 UTC 2014

On Thursday 09 January 2014 12:36:08 Heiko Tietze wrote:

> * Do not use an ellipsis for selections which result in actions (such as
> Save or Print Preview) or do not require user input (such as configuration
> dialogs).

While merging this page with the Labels page, I noticed that there is
something I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Do you mean that a menu
entry which opens a configuration dialog (such as Configure Shortcuts") should
not use an ellipsis? If so, all KDE applications would be violating this
guideline, because all menu entries for configuration currently use an
ellipsis.
If this is not what oyu mean here, then what _do_ you mean? ;)