[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Tabs

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Feb 2 17:07:22 UTC 2014

On Sunday 02 February 2014 17:37:09 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 October 2013, 09:18:42 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> > === Behavior ===
> > * Do not abuse other controls to simulate tab behavior.
>
> In Lokalize tabs of the open projects are unusual large. And in case of
> multiple plurals you get something 'tab-like' which is not only over-sized
> but can be expanded to the buttom too; just like a panel.
>
> Isn't this a good example about abuse of other controls?

Could you please attach some screenshots? I've never used lokalize, so I don't
know how to reproduce these things.

> (I notice so many violation of usability in this tool - and it isn't the
> worst.)

Well, that's typical problem of "internal tools", isn't it? I don't know if
that was the case here, but I've experienced in several companies that people
think "Ah, it's just for our own people anyway, they're not supposed to
complain about bad usability. Plus they get training. right?".