[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Toggle buttons

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Tue Sep 24 09:01:06 UTC 2013

Am 23.09.2013 22:50:27, schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> > * Use toggle buttons only in groups, so they are not mistaken for push
> > buttons.
>
> Hmm... really? What if there is only one toggle button in the toolbar (like in
> the very Composer window I'm writing this email in)? I'd say in a toolbar if
> the label strongly suggests that this is a state, it should be okay to use a
> single toggle button, shouldn't it? Plus: I don't really see why their being a
> group alone would help distinguishing them from push buttons.
>
> > * Separare the group of toggle buttons from other controls by adding
> > separators or a frame.

 Is this better?

* Group toogle buttons in case of multiple selection. * Separare toggle buttons from other controls, so they are not mistaken for push buttons.
Do you think we should replace the old page?

> I guess we have to add a copyright and license statement indicating we have
> taken some parts from the Gnome HIG

Yes, but many other parts are taken from Microsoft, a few ideas come from Apple HIG, and probably the old HIG depends on other guidelines too.