[kde-guidelines] Phrasing of selection teasers

Diego Moya turingt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 13:16:21 UTC 2013

On 5 September 2013 14:09, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar at autistici.org> wrote:

>> However, building good Personas for an open source project is a daunting
>> task. I see that there's an initiative to build Personas for KDE4 [3],
>> can you tell me what's its overall state?
>>
>> [3] http://techbase.kde.org/**Projects/Usability/Principles/**
>> KDE4_Personas<http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/Principles/KDE4_Personas>
>>

> It currently lies pretty much dormant. I've tried to revive it during this
> year's Akademy, but doe to time constraints on my side noting has come out
> of that effort yet. It's still on my agenda, though, as I think it's a very
> important project.
> If you'd like to help, that would be greatly appreciated, of course :)

 If you have some pointer to some base documentation of what has been done
so far to create those personas (who collaborated, at what mailing list or
wiki...), I'd love to study it.

No promises on how much effort I could dedicate, but reading about it won't
hurt - I mostly enjoy collaborating in an opportunistic way, when I see a
chance to provide a little bit of feedback, like the proposal for the dual
list above. And who knows, this could get me hooked. :-)

On 4 September 2013 20:40, Heiko Tietze <heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com>
 wrote:

> I'd suggest you add your proposal to our contributing page [1]. A picture
> would be nice too. One idea to replace the dual list can be found there at
> the
> paragraph 'selection'. Since the HIG is in use we have to be conservative
> with
> revolutions and decided to state the current guidelines until KF 5.0 is
> availaible.
>
> [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/Contributing

I've added it there as suggested. Is it OK to link it from the guideline
page for DualList? ("See also alternate proposals for KF 5.0")
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/DualList