[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Status bar

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri Oct 25 13:36:21 UTC 2013

On Thursday 03 October 2013, 16:53:34 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> * Provide a status bar in the main window of every standard application.
>As stated in my reply to Teo's mail: I agree with him and David on this.
At least at the moment we have a status bar in all standard applications
except Rekonq. But I'm preparing a blog post to discuss this issue in a larger
group.

>> * Do not make a status bar area interactive in standard applications.
>I don't agree
* Consider to make status bar areas interactive, e.g. with a slider to zoom
content. The interaction with controls placed within the status bar is a
convenience feature and must not be the only way to execute an action.