[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Tabs

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri Oct 11 13:10:14 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013, 10:43:44 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> If you select orientation east or west in the tab widget in Qt Designer, the
> tabs actually are rotated 90°, with labels written vertically.
OMG! That's what I never want to see.

> What is the advantage of paging via list view over tabs in your opinion?
* it has a plain but nice layout with fast orientation via big icons primarily
* I'd recommend it for simple pages (and trees for advanced use)
* lists have a fixed size and are not affected on resizing (where tabs might not
fit anymore)
* it's the KDE way of showing configuration (ie. KCM)