[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Tabs

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu Oct 10 11:25:26 UTC 2013

On 09.10.2013 21:03, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 October 2013, 19:55:02 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> On Wednesday 09 October 2013 09:18:42 Heiko Tietze wrote:
>>> I tried to include the common KDE pages, most probbly implemented per
>>> listview. Horizontal tabs are that what you might expect with a tab
>>> control. But paged dialogs handle the content similar to vertical tabs.
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Perfect, nothing to comment from my side :)
>
> What's about my question? And do I read the other posting right to remove the
> advice on accelerator key?

Ah yes, sorry, I forgot about the question. And now that I re-read it, I
must admit I don't really understand it. Could you clarify what exactly
the alternatives are between which we should decide? Thanks!

Ah and now that I've read "vertical tabs" again, I think we should inlcude
"Do not use rotated horizontal tabs. Tabs are stacked either
horizontally or vertically, but the label is always written horizontally".
I'm not aware of any KDE application which currently still use rotated
tabs, but since Amarok had them at one point and we don't want to see
them again, I guess it makes sense to explicitly discourage using them.