[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Status bar

Adrián Chaves Fernández adriyetichaves at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 18:43:11 UTC 2013

O Mércores, 6 de Novembro de 2013 11:44:44 Björn Balazs escribiu:
> Am Montag, 4. November 2013, 17:34:39 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>
> > I would be glad with a general switch that shows SB for all apps or not. The
> > guideline would only state to make all functions available in another way.
> > But I'm afraid that an option like this can be accomplished only by the
> > window manager and has a major impact on the whole system. Martin wrote
> > something in this regard...
>
> +1 for that.
>
> I think one of the core selling points of KDE is configurability. And this
> does not mean that the SB should only be switched out stupidly on a general
> level - this setting could be activities- and even (K)screen-specific.
> Resulting in something like: "when I watch movies on my TV, turn it off,
> otherwise leave it on"

The status bar does not make sense in every single application, hence I think that the option to show or hide this widget should be application-specific as well (although a guideline in this direction would be good indeed), certainly not part of KWin.