[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Check boxes

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Thu May 30 20:13:33 UTC 2013

> I have the feeling such arrangement makes sense in "table-like" layouts like
> the list of widget properties in Designer, but looks odd and surprising in
> regular dialogs. What do you think?

I only scanned the postings so far, but the pictures looks like an abuse of
right-to-left alignment (how does this dialog works for Farsi or Hebrew?).

The alignment becomes neccessary only because of the left hand attached
captions for drop down (I'd always recommend to have labels on the top). The
unusual checkboxes are needless when the layout is changed.
And the problem could be solved by "<__label:> <[ ] do it__>" too.

I think we shouldn't "allow" it.