[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Selection > Lists

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed May 29 15:32:15 UTC 2013

On 29.05.2013 17:13, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> We have some categories left for list selections:
>
> * 1 of some n selection (List Box)
> * 1 of n selection with possibility to add item (Combo box) (Comment:
> There is no real Combo Box available yet. This could come with Qt/Plasma
> Components)
> * 1 of a huge number of n selection (Extended drop-down list)
> * n of m selection

For n out of m selection we have created a UI pattern which can be found
here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/SOU_Workspace/Two_Lists
I don't know if there is a ready-made component for that yet, though.
Generally I think we should think about how we could integrate the patterns
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/SOU_Workspace
into the HIG. Oh, and I just saw that we have quite a few new or updated
HIGs in there, too, which have never found their way into the main HIG
page yet.
Guess we should look through those as well and see what we can use for
the new HIG. They are newer than much of what's on the main HIG page.