[kde-guidelines] KStyleguide

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri May 17 13:24:32 UTC 2013

On 17.05.2013 12:08, David Edmundson wrote:
> This thread has moved into having some really useful points that we
> should write up.

Agreed.

> How were we going to collect/discuss/formalise ideas. Mailing list
> (like above) then action someone with updating the wiki where we
> agree? Or IRC meeting? or ...?

Hmm... three possible approaches come to my mind:
Approach 1:
1. Someone writes down an initial draft/rfc for a guideline on the wiki
and notifies the others via mailing list
2. We use the talk page and/or comments directly in the draft to discuss
and finalize the draft

Approach 2:
1. Someone writes down an initial draft/rfc for a guideline on the wiki
and notifies the others via mailing list
2. We discuss the draft on the mailing list
3. Someone edits the Wiki draft with the results of the discussion on
the mailing list

Approach 3:
1. Someone writes an initial draf/rfc and sends it to the mailing list
2. We discuss and finalize it on the mailing list
3. Someone puts the final version up on the wiki

Each approach has its own pros and cons. I think our preference mainly
depends on how comfortable we are with wikis vs. emails.

> Did we want to look through the existing guidelines first before
> tackling notifications? Might be a useful start.

Not sure if this is necessary. I think the notifications guideline can
be put up immediately once we've agreed on a final draft.

However we do have to look at existing guidelines before we decide
whether we want to restructure them according to Heiko's proposal.

- Thomas