[kde-guidelines] About code snippets

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Wed Jun 26 16:48:16 UTC 2013

Was thinking about code snippets lately. I am not sure they are going to
happen, as it's a lot of work to create and maintain. An alternative would be
to list relevant C++ classes and point to their documentation, which often
comes with code snippets (at least for Qt classes, it's less true for KDE
classes).

So for example in the ListView page, there would be a section like this:

---
= C++ classes =

* [http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qlistview.html|QListView]: single-column
list
* [http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qtreeview.html|QTreeView]: multi-column
list
---

This would still be helpful for developers, especially when the class name is
not intuitive (example QTreeView for multi-column lists, or KActionSelector
for the two-list pattern) and we can easily update it to include QtQuick
controls when it makes sense to do so.

What do you think?

Aurélien