[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Unconstrained input

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Sun Jun 23 12:17:06 UTC 2013

Am Samstag, 22. Juni 2013, 22:01:55 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> The widget to enter one line of text is called KLineEdit. The widget to
> enter multiple line of texts is called KTextEdit.
Thanks. Because both are called "edit" I used
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/edits for the proposal but
refered to it by "To enter one line of text use a line edit and for multiple
lines of texts a text edit."

Thomas' remarks are included.

I wonder how we handle formatted input. As far as I have seen there are some
controls available for unconstrained input. My preliminary structure has two
further bullet points: "Lists with direct input" and "Complex views with
direct input (Grid cell editing)"