[kde-guidelines] List view

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Jun 9 15:56:32 UTC 2013

On Sunday 09 June 2013 16:42:03 David Edmundson wrote:
> > I don't know where I can see a checkbox list in action, but I hope
> > that it does provide both.
> >
> >  - right click on clock applet -> digital clock settings
>
>  - TimeZones tab

Oh, _that_ is how Qt does checkbox lists? Oh dear, that plain sucks. Not only
does it not allow multiselect via keyboard, you have to click the checkbox to
select it!
Okay, hm, that changes things... This implementation is indeed worse than a
listbox in some ways.

So I'd say: If we can have a widget which combines the easy selection of a
list box with the discoverability and accessibility, I'd prefer that for every
case.
If we can have only either a list view or that crappy checkbox list, when we
indeed have to choose based on the specific situation.