[kde-guidelines] How to store HIG work files (was: Styleguide: Check boxes)

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Wed Jun 5 07:38:14 UTC 2013

On Saturday 01 June 2013 10:58:27 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Am Freitag, 31. Mai 2013, 23:16:38 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> > Okay, I guess I not know what you mean. It just might be confused with
> > dependent controls in the same dialog. E.g. setting the checkbox for a
> > feature to "Activated" would enable the controls to configure it in the
> > same dialog.
>
> I added an example (Actually I've seen the "[ ] Print" feature recently:
> users check the box and the printer starts immediately to work)
>
> (It's not a good idea when I do the examples because the layout is not
> stored as xml/ui-file).

I think there is value in having a central place to store the .ui files
somewhere, and having them in a git repository can allow nice things like
regenerating screenshots so that they look consistent (using the same widget
style and color schemes)

But maybe I got a typical developer-minded solution with this git repository.
Should we keep the .ui files somewhere else?

In the meantime, if you are not familiar with git, please email me the .ui
files, I am happy to commit them there for you.

Aurélien