[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Tool-tips

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Thu Jul 4 17:38:34 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013, 17:35:06 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> Well, actually that "one designer" was me ;) See my blog post:
> http://sessellift.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/if-you-disable-something-tell-you
> r-users-why/ We should not encourage developers to "andCreate an interface
> that is controlled by hints".
Oups, that was a "step into a small pot of grease" (literally "to drop a
brick").

Your "next message" example could be applied to a browser (or Dolphin) as
well. Is there really someone who doesn't know why forward is disabled
immediately after start?
I still believe that an unclear state is an usability issue.

On the other hand, devs are free to add stuff to infotips. We could separate
both controls. But I would vote for a restrictive description of function by
tooltips.