[kde-guidelines] Date/Time picker (Was: Grunt work)

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Jul 4 13:27:55 UTC 2013

On Thursday 04 July 2013 12:07:46 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 2. Juli 2013, 17:13:57 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
>
> > > * Insert current time or date into into input field on user reset.
> >
> > What do you mean with "user reset"?
>
> The small icon/button right hand of input fields. Usually the input field is
> cleared when this object is clicked. But that's not a good idea for masked
> edits, and some generic input like 00:00 or 01.01.1970 is inappropriate as
> well.

Oh, that one. Right now it completely clears the input field. Would it make
sense to change it so that it sets the field to the current date or time, but
mark the whole text selected, so that the user can easily type something else?

> > > I wonder if KDatePicker does realy include the today button along with
> > > selection input and week at the bottom. Kmail's calendar widget doesn't
> > > have these features, and at least the today is very beneficial.
> >
> > Not sure which widget you are referring to, is this about KOrganizer "Date
> > Navigator" (the one in the top-left corner)? I agree it would be good for
> > it to have a "today" button.
>
> In your example picture: Date only > KDatePicker > lowest part (left from
> [27/06/2013] [Week 26 v])

I just had a look at the code: KOrganizer uses its own widget, presumably
because it can show more than one month (resize the sidebar splitter to give
it more room to see it)

Aurélien