[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Notifications (Was: KStyleguide)

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Tue Dec 31 12:52:41 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 31 December 2013, 13:25:57 David Edmundson wrote:
> In a notification you can have actions (like in KTp when you get a new chat)
> "Open" "Ignore".
Now I understand. And yes, that's a good advice. Perhaps in this way:

* Do not add more than three actions to a particular notification. And take
care about limited space for labels. For instance, ''Skip'', ''Info'', and
''Buy" in case of Amarok's "Now playing" notification.

(The mentioned review ticket shows "Open File M..." and "Configure ...".
Personally I'd vote for speedbuttons, i.e. buttons with icon only and no
label.)