[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Icon design

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Mon Dec 30 18:12:52 UTC 2013

On Monday 30 December 2013, 16:54:14 David Edmundson wrote:
> Can we expand on "avoid using arrows".
>I have seen [  Next ->  ] in wizards which seems OK to me.

Arrows seems to the favorite symbol for designers. It can be used to indicate
Next/Previous steps but is applied as well for many other, completely different
functions, e.g. Undo/Redo, Load/Save, Find Next etc. One result of an extended
icon test for LibreOffice was that spatial information should be used with care.

http://user-prompt.com/can-a-direction-in-time-be-displayed-by-spatial-signs/