[kde-guidelines] Phrasing of selection teasers

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Mon Aug 26 14:54:07 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 26. August 2013, 16:39:59 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
> Have you seen the arguments against it? In fact, they only point to
> situations where the dual-list pattern indeed is not optimal.
> This shows me that we might have to refine the "When to use" criteria
> even further, though.
Actually, I'm not a big fan of this pattern too. Its usability is second to
none but it looks outdated and 'smells like work', like sorting stuff from one
filing cabinet to another.
And I have no idea how we could refine the criteria without repeating ourself.
Perhaps in this way: 'Always try to replace the selection from large lists by
repeated simple choices with smaller lists.'