[kde-guidelines] Styelguide: Tree view

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Aug 26 14:44:32 UTC 2013

On 26.08.2013 16:37, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Am Montag, 26. August 2013, 16:22:30 schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
>> What are the checkboxes good for?
> It solves the accidential (de)selction. Regarding discoverability I had the
> idea of a fade in effect on mouse over
> (http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/Contributing#Selection).

Sure, those are great, I love "fade in on mouseover" kind of stuff :)
However, until we have those, I'd recommend showing them always. Once we
have the fade-in checkboxes, we should change the recommendation to use
them instead.
And maybe then it would even make sense to show only checked boxes
permanently and unchecked ones only on hover, for the whole thing to
look "lighter".
Without the mouseover, I don't think it's a good idea to have only
ctrl/shift at first, though.