[kde-guidelines] Slider and Spin Box Was: Current page suggestions

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Aug 2 14:31:37 UTC 2013

On 01.08.2013 16:01, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> I adopted the substructure and added some kind of warning to the content:
>
> == Is this the right control ==
> * Consider to use one of the standard controls since a well defined workflow
> makes the other redundant.

I modified this section a bit more to make it make it a little more clear:

* Use both a slider and spin box when the value is constrained at both
ends, and when there is a large range of values (more than 20 steps) but
precise control over the value is needed nevertheless.
* Consider to use only slider ''or'' spin box if a well defined workflow
makes the other redundant.

I hope this still reflects what you meant.