[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Spin box

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Aug 2 12:32:14 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 1 août 2013 15:29:40 Heiko Tietze a écrit :
> I adopted the substructure, duplicated some advices about erroneous input
> from line edit to the behavior section and added the recommendation to
> always use suffixes.
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/Spin_Box
>
> I'll add categories to the pages.
> [[Category:Usability]]
> [[Category:Behaviour]] //1st level in hig structure
> [[Category:Editing_and_Manipulation]] //2nd level in hig structure
> [[Category:Constrained_input]] //3rd level in hig structure
>
> Depending on how we want to use the categories we should consider to do
> something like [[Category:Behaviour|Spin Box]] which sorts the page into S
> rather than P. As example I created
> http://techbase.kde.org/Category:Behaviour

Great work again! Adding categories sounds like a good idea.

Categories such as Editing_and_Manipulation, Constrained_input makes sense to
me, maybe a Control category would be useful as well.

I am a bit sceptical of the usefulness of a "Behaviour" category however. Will
readers really want to browse the HIG with such a category?

Aurélien

PS: Also note that we use american english in KDE documents, so the category
should be "behavior" and not "behaviour".