[kde-guidelines] How to Write

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sun Sep 26 18:33:31 CEST 2004

On Sunday 26 September 2004 05.44, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2004 10:02, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > We have not yet thought about language specifications and wording - I
> > think that should be done by a native speaker... Of course it should be
> > sane and consistent, maybe we should set up a table of terms that are to
> > be used for certain things (e.g. is a menu item a item or an action?).

We do actually have a list of standard terms, and standardised names for GUI
items, it's just not very obvious.
Names of GUI Items:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/visualdict/visual-dictionary.html
Carlos recently asked for some help expanding this so if there are items
missing, please post them to kde-doc-english.

The "list of terms" is mostly cribbed out of Stephan Binner's text checking
scripts, and those that we use for the KDE docs - I have it as an array for a
python script, which isn't all that useful to just post to the list, so I'll
clean that up and post it (probably tomorrow.)

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org