[kde-guidelines] Licenses

zander at kde.org zander at kde.org
Sun Oct 3 19:55:24 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 03:38:14PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
> For editing-guidelines I started to write, it said:
> "Don't discuss rationales behind a guideline or /why/ it is there because it's
> impossible to do completely, and inappropriate to do it in it's full length,
> which on top is necessary in order to avoid confusion."

If you can't explain why a certain usability advice is given you have no
business of writing guidelines.  I think you of all people know very well
that usability advice is given based on scientific studies and reports as
well as on user-interface standards in use today.

I think you need to read this one again:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=109344021328113&w=2

> We obviously have some disagreement here :)

Hmm, just you; all the people at aKadamy feel like I wrote above (IIRC).

> The maintainers disagree, so
> there's not much to do about it, and it's also a bit subjective since it's
> about vision -- what one wants to achieve and aim for.

Yes, do you realise _why_ we are creating this guide?
I'm pretty sure it has been explained before somewhere..

> I don't expect this to be discussed, or followed up.

Well;  there is not much of a discussion since the thing you disagree upon
has been the whole reason why corporations and individuals like myself have
joined in the first place.

--
Thomas Zander