[kde-guidelines] Licenses

Thomas Zander TZander at factotummedia.nl
Fri Oct 1 12:56:08 CEST 2004

My first thought on this reflects a discussion (for a book) I had some
time ago; the concern here is that code-snippets should be libarally
licensed; people should be completely free to copy code from the guide,
and do anything with that code. This in contrast to the texts themselves.

If it is not practical to change the licensing mid-page, I suggest to publish
source-code twice. One time in the book; and one time as seperate files which
will be downloadable (or shipped on a CD).  The copyright holder of that code
should then allow us to distribute his code in 2 licenses, one is the one of
the paragraph it appears in, the other is the very-liberal use-wherever-you
want license.

--
Thomas Zander