ocr program

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Tue Dec 12 11:43:26 UTC 2017

Hi Luca,

Thanks for creating this application and sharing it with us!

The problem is that there has not been anybody eager enough to start a OCR
frontend application so far for Qt5/KF5. As KDE is done on voluntary basis it
is hard to "prioritize" anything. Either we get a volunteer or we don't.

I saw that Kocr is a GUI application that searches for Tesseract and Cuneiform
and then runs the selected application on the imported images. I think these
ideas can be useful :)

Multi-page document scanning to pdf and OCR is quite often requested for
Skanlite, but so far nobody has stepped up to do it :(

Thanks,
  Kåre

Ps, I compiled Kocr on KDE Neon and run it. The resulting PDF unfortunately
broken. I have not had the time to check why.