[Kde-graphics-devel] libkface

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Sep 18 20:38:32 UTC 2014

El Dijous, 18 de setembre de 2014, a les 22:31:08, Gilles Caulier va escriure:
> > El Dijous, 18 de setembre de 2014, a les 07:01:32, Gilles Caulier va
escriure:

> >> digiKam team will not made an independent release of this library.
> >
> > Collaboration \o/ oh :-/
>
> Excuse me to shared and maintained this library. If this not enough...

That's not collaboration, that's development which is awesome.

But really, if you want others to use your libraries you have to release them
in a way they are usable by others.

> >> We have do it in the past with libkipi, libkexiv2, and libkdcraw, and
> >> it's the hell and time consuming. This is why these libs are hosted in
> >> kdegraphics/libs since a while.
> >
> > And we've had countless problems with them because you kept changing them
> > ignoring all the rules we have for libs in kdegraphics/libs
>
> Ah, which one exactly ?
>
> We take a care about BC and KDE release plan.
>
> > and shipping them
> > as part of your "digikam SC"
>
> Not totally true. There is a flag in digiKam SC root cmake file to
> exclude libkipi, libkexiv2, and libkdcraw of compilation and use
> system based libs. This one is used by packagers.

Ok, i may have been misinformed.

> >> If the same rules about libkface can be done to share publicly this
> >> API with other KDE applications, this will be perfect and homogeneous.
> >
> > Anyway this is not the place to ask for a new module to be added to a
> > stable release, i'd say kde-core-devel is or release-team.
>
> If to include libkface in kdegraphics/libs is too problematic (as i
> suspect), we can do better for KF5 : drop libkexiv2, libkipi, and
> libkdcraw from kdegraphics and that all. Like this, you can be sure
> that all will be clean from my side in kdegraphic/libs...

And would all the programs that use those libraries do if there's no release
of them?

Cheers,
  Albert