[Kde-graphics-devel] KSnapshot marker and pen function

Márton Miklós martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 13:12:01 UTC 2014

Hello all,

The Windows 7 snipping tool has a feature what I like very much: it
allows drawing to the screenshot with a pen and a marker.
I would like to implement the same functionality in KSnapshot.

My first ide was changing the label based preview to QGraphicsView based
one, and creating QGraphicsItem based objects for storing the user's
drawings.

*What do you think about this approach?*

Currently I am having a problem with the anti-aliasing:

The bottom widget is the current label based one and the upper one is a
QGraphicsView displaying the same QPixmap through a QGraphicsPixmapItem.

I have set setRenderHint(QPainter::HighQualityAntialiasing, true); and
setRenderHint(QPainter::SmoothPixmapTransform, true); on the view and
setTransformationMode(Qt::SmoothTransformation); on the QPixmapItem but
it did not helped.

*Do you have any idea how could it be worka**rounded?

*Thank you for your answers in advance!*
*

--
Regards,
Márton Miklós