[Kde-graphics-devel] ksnapshot: KIPI_FOUND?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Nov 8 11:57:13 UTC 2014

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 11.01:41 Gregor Mi wrote:
> On 03/11/14 19:17, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 2, 2014 18.49:33 Gregor Mi wrote:
> >> when you built ksnapshot, was KIPI_FOUND defined? I installed
> >> libkipi-devel but KIPI_FOUND was not set. So is this macro still in use?
> >
> > Which branch? master should find and use kipi. For the frameworks branch,
> > however, I am not aware of a Qt5 port of libkipi (master is Qt4 based and
> > there is no frameworks branch) so the Frameworks 5 version of ksnapshot
> > does not yet use kipi.
>
> I used the frameworks branch.

aha ... that would explain it.

> What would you suggest that should be done with the review request [Fill
> SendTo menu async to fix "Bug 312495 - Very slow 'Send to'
> menu"](https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120920/) which also affects
> kipi code? Let it rest until kipi is ported Qt5 or try to apply it on
> the Qt4 master?

As I wrote in my review on the request, I think this could eventually go into
both master (where it is easier to test and can benefit people using the 4.x
version) and frameworks. Little should need to be changed in the patch between
the two branches.

If you don't have kdelibs 4.x available on your system to develop against let
me know and I can do it ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo