[Kde-graphics-devel] Review Request 110962: Switch to an external LibRaw

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:53:19 UTC 2013

2013/7/8 Pino Toscano <pino at kde.org>:
> Alle domenica 7 luglio 2013, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
>> >
>> > Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> >     I'm here...
>> >
>> >     In one week, it's holidays time for me (3 weeks). I will review
>> >     this entry in-deep in mid-july
>> >
>> >     Gilles Caulier
>>
>> Pino,
>>
>> I propose to create a libkdcraw branch, based to git/master and to to
>> apply your patch. This will be more easy to review and fix before to
>> switch this branch in production.
>>
>> Also, just receive libraw 0.15.3 to apply on master. We can sync your
>> branch easily with git.
>
> There, "external-libraw".
>
> Note that libraw and extra cmake files are not (and will not) removed in
> that branch, to ease the eventual merging from master.

And no files must be removed for the moment.

Using an external libraw must be optional in this condition :

1/ check if external version is available on the system.
2/ check if it's 0.15.x version.

if 1/ and 2/ and respected, well compile and link against shared version.

...else print a warning and indicate that internal version will be used.

I agree to have a cmake flag to force to use external libraw at
configuration time. Currently, in your branch, a system without libraw
cannot compile libkdcraw :

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Starting CMake configuration for: libkdcraw
-- checking for module 'libraw'
--   package 'libraw' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
(message):
  Could NOT find LibRaw (missing: LibRaw_LIBRARIES LibRaw_INCLUDE_DIR)
  (Required is at least version "0.15")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:291
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  extra/libkdcraw/cmake/modules/FindLibRaw.cmake:53
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
  extra/libkdcraw/CMakeLists.txt:38 (FIND_PACKAGE)

As libraw still in early stage of development, i would to preserve
internal version until official 1.x release, to be able to test and
report quickly all problem to libraw team. Later we will plan to
remove internal copy.

Best

Gilles