[Kde-graphics-devel] New libkipi version and KDE release schedule

Victor Dodon dodonvictor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 06:43:33 UTC 2012

Hello, Marcel

> Points to be checked:
> - the new libkipi binary need to be installable alongside the old one. This is
> achieved by incrementing the .so version, and probably already done.

This is already done.

> - I dont think it necessary to make installable the new headers in parallel to
> the old ones - this would mean changing to "#include
> <libkipi2/kipiinterface.h>" etc. as for Qt3 and Qt4.

I don't think this is a good idea. The kipi version can be checked
using some macros. But I think Gilles must say more.

> - did you send a mail to the respective maintainers of the apps you mentioned?
> There's Aurelien of gwenview fame, whom we know personal to be nice and
> responsive, yet usually occupied with a lot of other stuff.

Yes, I already wrote him, now I expect his answer.

> There's Aleix Pol and Alex Fiestas who I think added kipi support to some
> webcam app. I dont remember the ksnapshot status, I think there was a
> maintainer. Dont know about kphotoalbum. Have a look at projects.kde.org who
> is listed as coordinator and who actually committed in the last year.

About Kamoso, Gilles says that is no more maintained, so we dropped
support for it.

> - As current trunk is going to be KDE 4.10 in half a year, and is free, it can
> be merged soon.

Gilles, said that we can integrate new libkipi version into master,
after the digikam 2.9.0 release on september 2nd.

Victor.